Spoiler alert…it’s not Crumbl. Schmackary’s proven business model and exceptional unit economics make it the real standout star in the highly-competitive cookie franchise category
Demand for baked goods franchises – especially the cookie category – has never been hotter.
Brands like Crumbl and Insomnia have not only fueled America’s love affair with cookies, but also opened a new kind of opportunity for owners in search of some seriously sweet franchise advantages.
Sure, Crumbl paved the way for the next generation cookie company, but it’s also given way to dozens of copycat cookie brands, making it even more difficult for franchisees to sift through the competition in search of the right brand for them.
We turned to Dan Rowe, franchise industry expert and CEO of leading franchise development firm Fransmart to weigh in on how Schmackary’s stacks up in the battle of the great American cookie franchise.
His answer was as simple as the O.G. Chocolate Chip cookie… “Schmackary’s, a NY-based bake shop founded in 2012, has cracked the code in cookie franchising and is the undisputed leader with some of the most incredible numbers I’ve seen out of this size footprint – we’re talking over 2M in topline sales – not to mention an A-list lineup of celebrity fans and lines as big as an opening night on Broadway. This is the only cookie brand I’d invest in today and the only opportunity in the category worth considering.”
Hungry for more, we sunk our teeth into the brand’s franchise offering to better understand what’s driving demand for this cookie biz. Here’s what we found…
Schmackary’s exceptional unit economics are powered by low startup costs, low square footage requirements, minimal labor, streamlined operations, strong sales per square foot, and a robust catering and delivery business that provides multiple revenue streams to investors.
Since opening in NYC’s Theatre District in 2012, the “Official Cookie Company of Broadway” has earned critical acclaim for its world-famous treats. The bite-sized NY flagship store cranks out more than 3,000 cookies daily to tourists, locals and Broadway stars clamoring for a bite of the city’s most beloved baked good. With cookies like “Caramel Apple Crisp,” “Maple Bacon”, and “Buckeye Moonpie,” Schmackary’s has spent the last decade in the spotlight, earning rave reviews, awards and accolades from around the globe.
What’s even sweeter…
- Most cookie brands have only one way to generate revenue – cookies. Schmackary’s has a wildly successful catering program and a robust coffee program, allowing franchisees to grow multiple streams of revenue.
- The leadership team at Schmackary’s is extremely hands on, providing next-level franchise support throughout the opening process, including digital training assets and advice as you develop marketing strategies and catering programs.
- The original Schmackary’s location in NYC generates massive revenue in less than 1,000 square feet, which means a more affordable initial investment and a quicker path to ROI for franchisees.
- The Schmackary’s team and its long A-list of celebrity fans are media magnets. With coverage in outlets like Buzzfeed, The Today Show, Good Morning America, Thrillist, USA Today, Food Network, Fox & Friends, and even a feature on the Tony Awards, you can be sure that your Schmackary’s store will never be without a symphony of national media coverage.
- Schmackary’s is looking to aggressively expand – and all major markets are available. The US cookie market is valued at more than $11 billion, and Schmackary’s is your chance to enter the market with the best business model in the market.
The opportunity to franchise an emerging brand with a nationwide network already clamoring for it in their hometown is rare. Broadway’s millions of fans have been waiting for Schmackary’s to come to their hometown for over a decade. Given the increasing demand for the cookie category and all signs pointing to continued growth – you’d better secure your investment in Schmackary’s before it’s too late.