Fast Casual, Health Conscious Salad Franchise
Founded in 1998, Tossed is a pioneer in the fast casual salad franchise segment. Since our inception, Tossed has been committed to providing healthful and crave-worthy menu choices to our loyal customers.
Tossed is “The granddaddy of the salad movement” – The New York Post.
Since our opening, the Tossed concept has received rave reviews for our delicious and nutritious menu offerings:
- Fresh, All-Natural Ingredients
- Chef Created, Garden Fresh Salads with Over 50 Toss-Ins and Homemade Dressings
- Homemade, Fat-Free, Whole Wheat Crepes for our Delicious Crepe Wraps
- Signature Sandwiches, Hot Melts and Soups
- Smoothies, Beverages and Sweet Treats
Tossed believes in changing the way America eats. We know it's a bold goal, but our franchisees and customers show us every day that it's a mission and business proposition that works!
Tossed Franchise Program
Our success and continued growth is the outcome of our team’s experience, the shared vision of our franchisees and customer loyalty.
More than a decade ago, we recognized the public’s need for healthier options in dining out. As “the granddaddy of the salad movement,” the New York Post labeled us differently from the rest of the fast casual market. Franchise Benefits
- Key territories available
- National brand recognition
- Outstanding training supported by our experienced team
- Customer-minded menu designed by a chef!
- Flexible prototype for both traditional and non-traditional real estate sites
- Operational ease
- Low start up and operating costs
- Ongoing marketing and promotional support
Come see for yourself!
Tossed Franchise FAQs What size is a standard Tossed restaurant?
A: Traditional fast casual Tossed restaurants range in size from 1,750 to 2,500 square feet. These restaurants are ideal for lunch time office trade, locations with high visibility and street retail sites. Non-Traditional Tossed restaurants can be as small as 250 square feet. The non-traditional prototype is ideal for airports, malls, college campuses, hospitals and travel plazas. Q: What is the process for becoming a franchisee?
A: Step 1: Initial Inquiry
Step 2: Qualification
- Submit basic contact information
- Initial telephone contact
- Submit in-depth franchise application
Step 3: Discovery Day Meeting
- Initial conversations to review qualifications based on business experience and financial strength
- Completion of state and federal compliance requirements
Step 4: Legal
- Headquarter Discovery Day: tour restaurants, meet Franchisor team, learn more about opportunity
Step 5: Welcome & Store Opening
- Discuss deal terms and review legal documents
- Formalize and execute the Franchise Agreement; Payment of franchise fees
- Real Estate
- New franchisee / staff training
- Marketing / Grand Opening
Tossed Corporate Social Responsibility
Tossed believes in being a good corporate citizen. We empower our customers to make healthier choices, we try to minimize our impact on the planet, and we give back to our local communities through charitable partnerships and grand opening fundraising activities. Below are highlights of the Tossed commitment to socially responsible franchising: Our Food
Tossed provides health conscious offerings to our customers:
- Low calorie options
- Low fat options
- No trans fat in all menu items
Tossed caters to special dietary needs:
- Gluten-free menu suggestions
- Vegetarian items
- Dairy-free options
- Allergy friendly options
- Ability to design menu items to fit individual dietary needs and view nutritional information online
- Customizable menu
Tossed supports local businesses:
Reducing Our Carbon Footprint
- Local sourcing of produce
- Many locations use local sources for breads
During the Tossed new restaurant construction phase, we:
- Use LED general lighting
- Maximize natural light whenever possible
- Use low VOC or zero VOC paints
- Incorporate building supplies, fixtures, and furniture made using recycled materials
- Have created a smaller footprint that reduces energy demands and maximizes resources to eliminate material waste.
Ongoing eco-friendly efforts in open Tossed restaurants:
- Recycled and recyclable paper for our printing needs
- In-store customer waste recycle centers
- Paperless marketing initiatives
- Online ordering
- Using walking and bicycles as main transportation on deliveries
- Opening events: We strongly recommend our franchisees to partner with a local non-profit organization during their grand opening events to support a cause they have a connection to and can be an ongoing partnership for future events as well.
- Supporting causes and giving back: In 2010 when we introduced our 2 most popular dressings for retail purchase, we began a partnership with Susan G. Komen to donating 2.5% of retail price (with a $10,000 guaranteed donation)
Thank you for your interest in Tossed!
Please complete the form to request franchise information. Upon receipt, we will send you an e-mail containing a link to download our franchise e-Brochure. A Director of Development will then be in touch to answer any additional questions you may have, and discuss your goals and qualifications.