Fast Casual, Family Friendly Pizza and Italian Restaurant Franchise
For over 50 Years, Mazzio’s has been a leader in the Italian / Pizza franchise segment. We are a fast casual, family friendly pizza franchise offering award winning pizzas, made-to-order pastas, hot toasted sandwiches, and fresh specialty salads and appetizers for dine-in, carryout, delivery or catering. Did you know?
Mazzio’s is the 15th largest pizza franchise chain in the United States, based on system wide sales, and we are the 20th largest pizza franchise chain based on total unit count. - Pizza Marketing Quarterly Magazine’s Pizza Power Report
Surprised to hear that Mazzio’s ranks among the usual pizza franchise suspects like Pizza Hut, Papa John’s, Domino’s, and Sbarro? Don’t be. Despite our far reaching successes, Mazzio’s has been a quiet, humble leader in the pizza industry for over 50 years. Headquarted in Tulsa, Oklahoma, most of our 170+ restaurants are concentrated in the Midwest, a region known for hospitality, family values and modesty.
Mazzio’s is expanding our winning pizza franchise model! As we celebrate our 50th anniversary, we are energized to share our pizza franchise brand with customers across the United States and in select international markets. How does Mazzio’s break out from the “Pizza Franchise Pack?”
Mazzio’s Pizza Franchise Brand Differentiators:
- Deliver Delicious, Crave-able and Affordable Italian Fare and Pizzas every day
- More than Amazing Pizza! Provide Choice and Unmatched Italian Menu Variety to our Customers
- Take care of our guests with Passionate, Upbeat Service
- Help our franchisees succeed with Superior Support and Training Programs
- Stay on the Cutting Edge of Dining Trends with Ongoing Menu Research and Development
- Maintain Clean and Welcoming Facilities at all times
- Employ an Experienced Leadership Team that is committed to delivering on the Mazzio’s brand vision
- Contribute to our communities with charitable giving programs. Read more about our corporate Social Responsibility programs.
Mazzio’s Pizza Franchise Program
Each day in America consumers eat about 100 acres of pizza. That’s about 350 slices per second! It’s no wonder the $36 billion a year pizza industry is thriving. But tastes are changing, and consumers are demanding “better” quality products from all segments of the restaurant industry. Speaking recently at the 2010 Technomic Trends and Directions conference, renowned foodservice analyst Nancy Kruse remarked that premium crusts offer the glimmer of a pizza renaissance, citing Mazzio’s artisan pizza offerings! The Mazzio’s Pizza Franchise Program Highlights
Mazzio’s offers an exceptional multi-unit model:
- Proven unit economic model – Item 19 Financial Performance Representations are available in our Franchise Disclosure Document
- Over 50 Years of Operational Excellence!
- Experienced franchisor management team
A Pioneer in Product Mixing - No Menu Fatigue
- 170+ Restaurants in 9 States
- 107 Franchise Owned Locations – 14 Multiunit Franchisees
- 65 Corporate Owned: We’re not just the franchisor... We are operators too!
Mazzio’s has developed a culinary edge with our diverse product mix. Our menu appeals to a wide demographic, and attracts patrons seeking a high quality Italian dining experience at an affordable price point. We have full time culinary employees focused on new product development. Mazzio’s keeps our menu exciting and current with consumer tastes and trends! Real Estate Flexibility
Mazzio’s offers a flexible format that has proven successful in major metro markets as well as suburban and rural real estate locations:
- Flexible prototype
- Amazing conversion opportunities
- Exceptional real estate flexibility
Below is a broad sampling of our franchisee support services:
- Business Planning
- Site Selection including Demographic Analysis
- New-Store Construction support
- Comprehensive Franchisee Training – combining “in restaurant” training and classroom learning
- New Store Opening Marketing and Ongoing Marketing Programs to Drive Traffic
- Call Center and Online Ordering
- Centralized, collective franchisee buying power
- In-House Purchasing Team
- Ongoing Menu Research & Development
- Standard Operating Policies, Manuals & Guidelines
Mazzio’s Franchise FAQs Q: What is the nature of training provided by Mazzio’s?
A: An 8-week training program at the Corporate Headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma, is provided for you and your management team -- consisting of three (3) people. This program has been designed to cover vital areas of importance to your success as a franchise owner. It covers the Operations Manual, library of training videos, methods of inventory control, equipment maintenance, standards of quality, service and cleanliness, personnel policies, effective training techniques, operational techniques and advertising. Prior to opening your Mazzio’s Italian Eatery restaurant, on-site training will be provided at Mazzio’s expense. Q: Does the owner need training?
A: Yes, even if the owner is not going to work in the restaurant, he or she should complete the Mazzio’s two-week Owner Training Program. Q: What is the process for becoming a franchisee?
A: Step 1: Initial Inquiry
Step 2: Qualification
- Submit basic contact information
- Initial telephone contact
- Submit in-depth franchise application
Step 3: Discovery Day Meeting
- Initial conversations to review qualifications based on business experience and financial strength
- Completion of state and federal compliance requirements
Step 4: Legal
- Headquarter Discovery Day: tour restaurants, meet Franchisor team, learn more about opportunity
Step 5: Welcome & Store Opening
- Discuss deal terms and review legal documents
- Formalize and execute the Franchise Agreement; Payment of franchise fees
- Real Estate
- New franchisee / staff training
- Marketing / Grand Opening
Mazzio’s Corporate Social Responsibility
Mazzio’s Corporation is dedicated to the greater good, and we believe in giving back to the communities and employees that have supported us for over 50 years. United Way
Mazzio's Corporation was the first restaurant company (beginning 1987) in the United States to enroll employees into a payroll deduction plan! Day of Caring
Each year, Corporate Staff members work alongside restaurant employees in spending a day of "manual labor" in providing for the needs of one of the many United Way-funded agencies. Typical of the types of projects that Mazzio's devotes itself to each year on the United Way Day of Caring include cleaning, landscaping, painting, fence-building, playground renovations and construction of out-buildings. In 2007, Mazzio's Corporation was the Oklahoma winner of the National Restaurant Association's Restaurant Neighbor Award honoring restaurant companies that have gone above and beyond in giving back to their communities.
Meals on Wheels
- Mazzio's Corporation has led the Tulsa restaurant industry in giving to the United Way
- Mazzio's has pledged $1,472,534 to United Way!
Mazzio's has 12 teams of volunteers who have been delivering meals every Tuesday to those in need since the late 80's. Junior Achievement
Mazzio's employees volunteer their time to teach Junior Achievement's Economic Literacy Programs at elementary schools in the area. Mazzio's also provides a day of Job Shadowing to seniors at Tulsa's high schools. In-Kind Donations
Mazzio's supports many other organizations through product donations. Dedicated to our Employees
Mazzio’s was ranked in Chain Leader Magazine’s annual “Best Places to Work” with attention drawn to the depth of our employee benefits programs.
Thank you for your interest in Mazzios!
Please complete the form to request franchise information. Upon receipt, we will send you an e-mail containing a link to download our franchise e-Brochure. A Director of Development will then be in touch to answer any additional questions you may have, and discuss your goals and qualifications.