Fast Casual Teriyaki Grill Restaurant Franchise
Glaze is a Seattle-style teriyaki grill concept, featuring sauces made from scratch, and upscale food at low scale prices. Seriously delicious teriyaki…in a not-so-serious environment! Much like traditional Seattle teriyaki joints, Glaze is inexpensive and convenient, yet the menu is made with the best quality ingredients possible like Murray’s Chicken, which is Certified Humane Raised and Handled, and organic farm-raised salmon. Glaze Teriyaki provides high quality cuisine, with the convenience and price point of a fast casual operation.Founder and CEO, Paul Krug,
hails from Seattle and recognized a market opportunity for teriyaki on the East Coast. He brought Seattle’s distinctive Korean and Japanese-influenced teriyaki cuisine to midtown Manhattan, and the concept has been met with rave reviews.
"A Fresh Face for Teriyaki
" - The Wall Street Journal Inspired by Seattle, Made fresh in New York, To be enjoyed by the Whole Wide World.
Chef Dennis Lake was brought on to perfect the taste and texture of Glaze's homemade teriyaki sauces, which are made from scratch. Entrees include a choice of meat or vegetarian, charcoal-grilled and topped with the smoky-sweet glaze (made from assorted fruits, garlic and ginger), ranging from mild to hot. Although they only offer one dessert, their chef challenges any other rice pudding to be put up to his. Review a larger photo slideshow of the Glaze Teriyaki Grill franchise
The restaurant's interior is designed using recycled materials and they use biodegradable silverware, napkins and serving/takeout containers. The food is always made using all natural ingredients – sourced locally when possible (including their Bruce Cost ginger ale soft drinks bottled in Brooklyn, NY).
GLAZE Teriyaki Grill Franchise Program
GLAZE Teriyaki Grill offers the opportunity to franchise with a successful, proven Seattle-style teriyaki concept. The fast casual Asian / Teriyaki segment is wide open. Get in on the ground floor!
According to Darren Tristano, executive vice president with Technomic, "Asian is an under-realized category. The segment is rife with opportunity, especially with its variety of menu platforms and Americans' trend toward bolder, more international flavor profiles." Glaze Teriyaki Restaurant Franchise Fast Facts:
- Open for lunch and dinner
- 750-2,000 square foot prototype
- Segment: Quick Serve / Fast Casual
- Dine-In - Self Seating, Take Out, Delivery
- Superior franchise support and training
GLAZE Teriyaki Grill Franchise FAQsQ: What size is a prototypical GLAZE Teriyaki Grill?
A: Glaze Teriyaki restaurants range in size from 750 - 2,000 square feet, depending on location. A non-traditional prototype is also available, for sites such as airports, universities, and office buildings. Q: Does GLAZE source locally?
A: Despite the inexpensive menu, Glaze makes their food with the best quality ingredients, including organic farm-raised salmon and Murray’s Chicken
. Their beef is sourced from Master Purveyors
, the same place that sources to Peter Luger’s and Wolfgang’s.Q: What kind of support do GLAZE franchisees get?
A: The Glaze Teriyaki franchise program provides its franchisees with support from real estate selection to marketing programs for grand openings, franchisee, management, and employee training, business coaching, ongoing marketing support, and more.Q: What is the process for becoming a franchisee?
A: Step 1: Initial Inquiry
Step 2: Qualification
- Submit basic contact information
- Initial telephone contact
- Submit in-depth franchise application
Step 3: Discovery Day Meeting
- Initial conversations to review qualifications based on business experience and financial strength
- Completion of state and federal compliance requirements
Step 4: Legal
- Headquarter Discovery Day: tour restaurants, meet Franchisor team, learn more about opportunity
Step 5: Welcome and Store Opening
- Discuss deal terms and review legal documents
- Formalize and execute the Franchise Agreement; Payment of franchise fees
- Real Estate
- New franchisee / staff training
- Marketing / Grand Opening
GLAZE Teriyaki Grill Social Responsibility
GLAZE has a commitment to the best quality food, and local farmers who use the best quality practices. They also use environmentally safe products, instead of paper and plastic, where ever possible. This commitment to sustainability and organic choices can be evidenced by the following practices:
- All natural ingredients
- Food ingredients sourced locally when possible – including bottled soft drinks
- Use of organic beef, farm-raised salmon and Murray’s Chicken (which is Certified Humane Raised & Handled, and free of antibiotics and hormones) - all made fresh daily, never frozen
- Much of the menu is gluten free
- All homemade sauces made from scratch
- Biodegradable serving containers, knives, forks, spoons, napkins, and takeout containers
- Restaurant interior has been designed to utilize reclaimed materials
Please complete the form to request franchise information. Upon receipt, we will send you an e-mail containing a link to download our franchise e-Brochure. A Director of Development will then be in touch to answer any additional questions you may have, and discuss your goals and qualifications.