freshii is the fast casual leader in delicious, healthy foods and healthy living!
fresh, healthy foods : custom built for healthy living : fast!
Freshii is a “health casual” franchise concept that supports healthy living, offering guests healthy foods on the go that are both nutritious and delicious, without sacrificing taste or time. Our healthy foods include custom built salads, burritos, wraps, rice bowls, yogurts and soups in a "build your own" format, served in a fast casual, fun, hip and environmentally sustainable atmosphere. Freshii has over 60 fast casual, healthy food franchises open around the world, and another 400 restaurants in development.
In an April 2013 article in Fortune Magazine
, Darren Tristano, executive VP of Technomic, calls the Freshii franchise "groundbreaking
..." because founder Matthew Corrin "found a way to standardize (and franchise) super-healthy dining for the masses." Tristano "expects other restaurant chains to follow Freshii's model and its menu."
Inc. Magazine Ranked Freshii Founder Matthew Corrin as a Top 30 Under 30 Entrepreneur
- Segment: Hybrid of fast casual / healthy foods / QSR / retail
- Flexible Formats: Non-traditional from 150 sq. ft. to traditional fast casual 1,500 sq. ft.
- Low Start Up and Operation Costs
- Healthy Foods, Versatile Menu with Broad Appeal for Healthy Living
- Passionate, Upbeat Service
- Committment to Healthy Living, Healthy Foods and a Healthy Planet
- Superior Training and Support
: “Freshii aspires to be, in the words of [founder Matthew] Corrin, the Starbucks of the fresh food business."
Healthy living concept Freshii has also won multiple awards, including ranking #8 on Fast Casual’s Top 100 Movers & Shakers
and the Nations Restaurant News Top 100 Social Brands
. Also recently featured on the hit television show "Undercover Boss
," Freshii Founder and CEO, Matthew Corrin, has become a notable name in the industry, compared to Howard Shultz by Fast Casual Magazine, named to Inc Magazine’s Top 30 Under 30 CEOs, ranked #3 on the on Fast Casual's Top People to Watch list, Ernst & Young's 2011 Entrepreneur of the Year and Crain’s “Top 40 under 40” entrepreneurs. Freshii is a healthy living, fast casual restaurant franchise with a proven business model!
Watch video interviews of Matthew Corrin in both Fortune Magazine and Inc. Magazine
is Going Strong! 62% of consumers say they are likely to choose a restaurant based on how environmentally friendly it is. - National Restaurant Association
Freshii Healthy Dining Franchise Program Our Target Franchise Partner:
The fast casual Freshii system was built to be scaled and replicated worldwide. We have addressed all areas of the Freshii business model – site selection, supply chain, cost control, build-out timing, marketing and buzz creation - to ensure that each market can be rapidly grown and successfully operated. Our goal is to introduce our healthy dining model to prime markets by teaming with passionate partners who share in our mission to establish Freshii as the most convenient destination for healthy foods and snacks, served quickly while maintaining the highest quality of service and style. The healthy dining, fast casual segment continues to grow, with nearly three out of four consumers (75%) saying they are trying to eat healthier foods in restaurants now than they did two years ago (National Restaurant Association). Real Estate: Landlords love the Healthy Dining Freshii concept!
The Freshii Healthy Dining Franchise System:
- Our Product Offering – Freshii offers a focused, healthy dining menu that does not conflict with landlords “non–compete” clauses.
- No On–site Cooking – Freshii does not require exhaust, which lowers and expedites store build out costs and timelines and make us flexible to any location.
- Flexible Footprints – Our locations range in size from 150 sq. ft. non traditionals to 1,500 sq. ft. fast casual restaurants
- Conversions: Some of our healthy dining units were converted from hair salons, coffee shops, book stores and restaurants. We can go anywhere!
We are the leader in healthy dining, fast casual franchises! Freshii is committed to delivering exceptional franchisee support systems. We succeed when you succeed!
- Use of brand name and trademarks
- Our healthy dining menus and recipes
- Menu research and development
- Systems, manuals, and operating procedures
- Real estate support and site selection
- Architectural design
- Training for franchisees, managers and employees
- Distribution and purchasing
Freshii Franchise FAQs Q: Is previous food or restaurant experience necessary to obtain a Freshii franchise?
A: Restaurant experience is always helpful but, if you have experience running another type of business including working with employees and customers, managing cash and generating financial statements, we have a complete training program and manuals as well as field operational staff that can help you learn this business as well as provide ongoing support for you. Q: Is there a cost for the training program or ongoing support?
A: The cost of Freshii University is included in your franchise fee, including training and support at your location for the Grand Opening. Travel, lodging, and food, are the responsibility of the individual franchisee. On going field support after opening can be provided at a per diem cost. Q: I have little or no experience in commercial lease transactions. Will Freshii assist me?
A: Yes. We have on staff personnel who are familiar with commercial leasing, including tenant work letters, and letters of intent. While we will review and help prepare these documents, we do not serve as legal counsel or in any other professional capacity. Q: What is the process for becoming a franchisee?
A: Step 1: Initial Inquiry
Step 2: Qualification
- Submit basic contact information
- Initial telephone contact
- Submit in-depth franchise application
Step 3: Discovery Day Meeting
- Initial conversations to review qualifications based on business experience and financial strength
- Completion of state and federal compliance requirements
Step 4: Legal
- Headquarter Discovery Day: tour restaurants, meet Franchisor team, learn more about opportunity
Step 5: Welcome & Store Opening
- Discuss deal terms and review legal documents
- Formalize and execute the Franchise Agreement; Payment of franchise fees
- Real Estate
- New franchisee / staff training
- Marketing / Grand Opening
Freshii Corporate Social Responsibility
Freshii says “Let’s be good to the earth.” And, let’s be good to ourselves and each other!
Freshii has a firm commitment to corporate social responsibility (CSR). Our initiatives include:
- Regional charity fundraising
- We offer fresh, healthy, nutritional meals and snack options
- Everything you take from a Freshii store either biodegrades naturally into the earth or is easily recyclable
- Shaking your meal in a biodegradable bag means we produce 5-7 times less of a carbon foot print than running even the most energy efficient dishwasher
- Much of our packaging is made from eco-friendly vegetable starches, like corn or potatoes.
- Bring us your own bowl! We’ll gladly wash it and fill it with your meal.
- As we grow, our stores are built smaller, to use less materials, to use greener materials, to consume less energy
- Out setup is simple – no energy hungry dishwashers, hoods, ranges or ovens
- We print on the back of our order tickets and reuse them as flyers. And, we make use of online ordering and paperless marketing.
- We are connected to our food at its source. We only buy from farms with environmentally responsible growth methods, where workers are treated and paid fairly.
- We use only eco-friendly, natural cleaning products
- We offer an online nutritional counter – so our customers can choose healthy meals